HOW TO CONFIRM YOUR XBOX ACCOUNT REGION
- Sign in to your Xbox console.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select System > Settings > System > Language & location.
HOW TO REDEEM AN XBOX GAME PASS / WALLET / GOLD MEMBERSHIP VIA YOUR XBOX
- Sign in to your Xbox console (make sure you’re signed in with the Microsoft account you want to redeem the code with).
- From the Home screen, select and open the Store app. (If the Store app is not displayed, go to My games & apps, select Apps, and select the Store app from there.)
- In the Store app, move the cursor left or press the View button on the controller to open the side menu.
- From that menu, select Redeem.
- Enter the 25-character code, and then follow the prompts. Don’t worry about hyphens, the system takes care of those for you.
HOW TO REDEEM AN XBOX GAME PASS / WALLET / GOLD MEMBERSHIP VIA YOUR PC
- From a web browser, go to http://redeem.microsoft.com/
- Sign in, enter the 25-character code, then follow the prompts. Don’t worry about hyphens, the system takes care of those for you.
HOW TO TROUBLE SHOOT SPECIFIC PROBLEM WITH YOUR DIGITAL CODE
- The code is missing a character or the code has less than 25 characters:
If the code is missing characters and is not up-to 25 characters, you’ll need to request a replacement code. Use the Contact us button for help getting a replacement code.
- Error “Code was already redeemed”
If you’re getting a message that your code has already been redeemed, make sure that you didn’t already redeem the code yourself, possibly under a different gamer-tag or Microsoft account. If you live in a household where others have access to your codes, check that it wasn’t redeemed by someone else.
- Error “Code not found”
- Error “Code has expired”
In most cases, we can’t provide replacement codes once they’re past their expiration date. If you feel the expiration date is in error, or if the expiration date listed for your code has not yet passed, request a new digital code. Use the Contact us button for help getting a replacement code.
- “Try again later” message
- “This code is not yet” active message
If you’re seeing the message “This code is not yet active” when you try to redeem your code, it means that you have a valid digital code, but it’s not yet been activated by the retailer. You’ll need to Contact us to activate the code.
- I cant find my content after redeeming the code
When you download a game from the Microsoft Store to your Xbox, it installs automatically. While the game is downloading and installing, it appears in the Queue section of My games & apps.
- “This code cant be redeemed in this region” message
Xbox codes are region-locked, meaning that a code bought in one currency or from one region cannot be redeemed in another region. The XBOX Account region IP address may be required to redeem this code. We-recommend redeeming Xbox codes using a VPN to mask your virtual location.
- Download a trusted VPN on your PC
- Connect to the VPN server that matches your digital code’s region.
- Open a web browser in incognito/private mode.
- Go to http://redeem.microsoft.com/ and sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Enter the 25-digit code. Redeem the code to add it to your account.
- You should now have added the code’s value to your account. If it was a Game Pass, Gold subscription or Wallet Top up it should now appear in your subscription in your Microsoft account.