HOW TO CONFIRM YOUR STEAM ACCOUNT REGION
Your store region is set based on the location of your first Steam purchase. Your region can be found under Account Details seen below. While traveling, the Steam store will show your region’s prices and you will be able to make purchases as you would from home.
HOW TO REDEEM A STEAM CODE
- Go to https://store.steampowered.com/account/redeemwalletcode and sign in if you aren’t already.
- You will need to create a Steam account if you do not already have one.
- Once logged into Steam, please enter your unique Wallet code that you received into the “Steam Wallet Code” field.
- Click “Continue” to redeem the credit onto your account. Note: If you have never used Steam Wallet credit on your account, you may be prompted to enter your current address to determine the correct currency.
- The value of the Steam Wallet code will be added to your account’s Steam Wallet balance. The current available balance will be listed in the upper right hand corner below your profile name.
When in the “Review + Purchase” step during checkout click “My Steam Wallet” as a payment method. The cost of the item you purchase and the associated tax will be deducted from your wallet funds.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Log in to your Steam account.
- The current available balance will be listed in the upper right hand corner, next to your profile name.
No, Wallet funds cannot be moved or withdrawn to a bank account. Once a Steam Wallet code has been redeemed on an account, the wallet funds are then tied to that account.
In most cases, the new funds will automatically be displayed in your account. If the issue persists for more than two hours after completing your transaction, please do the following:
- Check your email for a Steam purchase receipt to confirm the purchase was completed
- Confirm you are logged in to the account that made the purchase
- Restart the Steam Client
- If the updated amount is still incorrect, please contact Steam Support for assistance
If you have never had a Steam Wallet balance on your Steam account, the funds will be added in the currency of the Steam store. If you have an existing Steam Wallet (regardless of the current balance), the funds will be added in your Steam Wallet’s current currency.
Yes. Each Steam User Account is associated with a specific currency, which you can see in the top right corner of your Steam Client. You may encounter an error if you try to activate a Steam Wallet Code issued in a different currency than the one of your Steam User Account.
Sometimes it is easy to get certain letters and numbers confused. Please try the below suggestions to ensure that you are entering the correct code:
- The number 0 (try entering the letter Q, O, or D instead)
- The number 1 (try entering the letter I instead)
- The letter O (try entering the number 0, or letters Q or D instead)
Check instances of the following pairs to ensure these characters are not being confused:
- The letter B and the number 8
- The letter G and the number 6